Ok, so I’ve had a lot of folks asking me how to get those little colorful info bars at the top of your website- you know, the ones that say you’re still open with modified hours, or explain your safety precautions you have in place, or just to answer that question you are getting a million calls about.
Luckily, it’s easy to put that information somewhere obvious on your site without messing up the rest of your website’s design. Even non-tech-savvy folks can do it!
ADDING A COVID-19 NOTICE FOR SQUARESPACE SITES
- Go to squarespace.com/login and log in
- Click on the site you want to add the notice to
- Click “Marketing” then “Announcement Bar”
- Choose “enable announcement bar” from the drop down (you’ll need to have a business plan or higher to do this)
- Add the text and link for your notice, then press save.
- Optional: go to the Design > Site Styles panel of your menu and click on your new announcement bar to change the color and fonts of it.
ADDING A COVID-19 NOTICE FOR WORDPRESS SITES
- Go to yoursite.com/login and log in
- In the left hand menu, choose Plugins > Add New
- Search for “announcement bar”
- Find Simple Banner plugin
- Click the button twice (once to install, and then again to activate)
- Refresh the page and find the Simple Banner menu item. Click it
- Add your banner text and choose “Fixed” location
- Add a link if you’d like, in this format <a href=”//website.com”> click here! </a> just replace website.com with your url
- Press save and check it out on your site!
- When done, you can deactivate and delete the plugin to turn it off under the Plugins menu